[Dailydrool] Pooping and not knowing it

Cathy A. Wendling c-wendling at execpc.com
Sun Mar 1 06:33:00 PST 2009

I know for a fact that some senior dogs, and dogs with back problems, can
absolutely dump a load and not know it.  Sophie ATB was famous for doing it
in her sleep.  It wasn't intentional, it just happened.  She also had a very
bad back, and I'm sure that that also played into the problem.  The peeing,
however, I would definitely take the dog to the vet for an evaluation.  If
it turns out to be nothing physically wrong, then you can always try a male
canine diaper wrap on him.  I went through three months's worth of cutting
tail holes and changing diapers for Lucy ATB.  Trust me, doing the diaper
route, physical problem or not, is a whole lot better than trying to clean
up carpeting.

Cathy Wendling
owned by DJ and Daisy Mae
Sophie and Lucy the Westie, ATB