[Dailydrool] Day 1: Recovery

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 13:14:03 PST 2009

Today is our first day without Mitchell. I had not even gotten used to
putting down 4 food bowls instead of 5 and now I have to remember there are
only 3 to put out.
So that John and I would not dwell too heavily on this type of gloomy
thought, Nigel helped us by nicking another tub of  *I Can't Believe It's
Not Butter* off the kitchen counter and eating about 2/3rds of it before he
was caught. He then refused to give up the tub, growling ferociously and
shaking his head causing gobs of the stuff to flip out of the tub and stick
onto the cabinets. A hearty bop on the top of his very hard head and a
bellow in his face did cause him to drop what was left and MomPerson managed
to get it back. MomPerson then attempted to clean the rest of the stuff off
the cabinets while Llewis and Nigel "helped" by trying to lick it off first.
The cabinets now have a lovely, if odd sheen to them.

The next diversion was over a tiny piece of biscuit that was on the floor,
that apparently both Nigel and LLewis saw at exactly the same moment and
decided a fight to the death was in order. They started in the kitchen but
rapidly ended up underneath the dining room table where we couldn't reach
them very well. MomPerson finally got a tail and dragged, getting one dog
entangled in a chair which then fell just missing the second dog causing not
only the end of the fight but a small puddle on the floor. Yes well this
kept us entertained for awhile and the boys spent some time chilling out in
their crates.

About two hours later, as our thoughts were getting dumpy again, DadPerson
accidentally trod upon Llewis's tail.This caused Llewis (who is very vocal)
to scream. The result was that a black bullet shot out of the bedroom, over
the babygate at 400mph and headed to attack Nigel, who was snoozing on a
doggie bed. Ever the watchful bodyguard, Cooper suddenly realised his error
and attempted to break off, skidding into the TV stand which made
MomandDadPeople hold their collective breaths in horror as the plasma tv
rocked....rocked....and........steadied itself. Nigel, scared out of his
nap, peed on the floor. Cooper returned to the bedroom. Llewis got two
biscuits instead of just one.

MomPerson took some aspirin, some Imitrex, a vitamin, and wondered if 2:15
in the afternoon is too early to start drinking.