[Dailydrool] Jethro (and Denise)

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Tue Mar 3 17:12:47 PST 2009

Denise,

I'm so sorry for your loss of your husband, and I'm glad you're back to reading the Drool.  What makes the Daily Drool so "comforting" to us all, is posts like yours that come from the heart.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us !

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank

Denise posted:
"Hi Droolers: I haven't written for a long time. Last year my husband Bill was diagnosed with cancer, and passed away last September 9th.? I took care of him at home, and his beloved Jethro stayed with him on his hospital bed most days and nights. The day he passed away, Jethro was beside him and after they took my husband to the funeral home, Jethro layed on the bed in my husband's spot for hours. Before Bill passed away, he said, "please take care of the dogs" that would be one Basset, and two German Shepherds.? It's been almost 6 months. We are adjusting. The three dogs and me. I'm taking care of them like I would my children - Heck, they are my children. They take care of me.? Every day Jethro does something that makes me smile. The Shepherds (my two guns) warn me of every squirrel, chipmunk and breeze that happens by. I'm back to reading the drool and there is something so comforting about it. I guess the most important things are said by people who love their pups. Thank you for being there....

Denise, Jethro, Kenya and Cairo"