[Dailydrool] Baloo

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Wed Mar 4 18:06:18 PST 2009

Lisa,

When I saw that cute photo of Baloo in his red fleece sweatshirt the other day, I thought "He's a long doggie!" But he doesn't look huge.  Both Frank and Sarah's breeders (two different people) recommended that we start them on adult food around age 6 months.  We now feed both of them about a cup of Purina Pro Plan lamb-and-rice, twice a day, along with just a few treats (a couple of milkbones and some baby carrots). Sarah is now 12, and Frank is almost 5, so it turned out well. You may want to switch Baloo, gradually, off the large-breed puppy food to regular adult food.

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank