[Dailydrool] funny story, maybe

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:32:10 PDT 2009

Dear drool family,
I hope all fur kids are well, and healing heart drool to all who are suffering a loss.  I am limited with my ability to express due to Mom, who is doing very well, a little manic, and very exhausting.  Thank the Lord for my Sister of late...  not to jinx  myself....
I am torn between Jean Paul and Pierre as who is my heart dog (but I love all 8 without a doubt) as they have both been very sickly in their lives, and they are both still pretty young.  Jean Paul had terrible Pano which lasted a long time, and as alpha of the pack, he is pretty heavy now.  Pierre has multiple problems both due to his allergies and the meds he takes.  The good news is that Pierre is doing pretty well lately, albeit, he is very itchy.  The other day, I thought his body to touch was warm, so I took his temp, rectally, and I thought it read 105.  I called the Vet, after checking on line what the norms were, and I said, I won't come in tonight, but I will make an appt for tomorrow.  Then, a few minutes later, when I put my glasses on, I read the temp to be 100.5.  I called the Vet back, embarrassed, but they know my stress, but said, they were going to make me bring him in that night were the temp actually 105.  Good news, Pierre is doing very well on Adequan for his arthritis.  Pierre is starting to lose weight off the prednisone, and I give him maximum attention to relieve his itchiness w/o drugs.  I hope I can make this all work.
God Bless, love and peace
Jackie and the herd.