[Dailydrool] Ninja's 'venture

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 04:37:07 PDT 2009

This weekend was beautiful weatherwise.  The bassetslaves decided that the back yard needed a cleaning-redecorating.  Well, at least one of them did.  I did get the other one to help.  We removed lots of sticks, seed pods, leaves, assorted junk and several sacks of basset contributions to the yard.  One basset in particular was not happy with our undecorating of the yard and tried to redo what we were undoing as fast as she could.  That would be Miss Ninja.  She liked her backyard kingdom just the way it was, thank-you very much.  I still say it looks much better now.  I might actually be safe to walk in now.

Yesterday Ninja escaped from the front door.  We had just come home and all four of our lovely ladies came to the door to tell us in no uncertain terms that they had been left to starve or survive with no belly rubs for an eternity.  Marley is the spokesbasset and she holds an entire conversation with whoever has come in.  We have a family that has sheepdogs around the corner from us and one of them was walking by with her walker person when we opened the door.  Not the brightest move on our parts.  Ninja decided to tell the sheep dog to get off her sidewalk and never return while chasing it back home.

So now there are two old fools yelling at the top of our lungs while Ninja is racing after the sheepdog.  The DH runs after her, I am calling her and walking that way and son#2 comes back out of the house to see what all the ruckus is about.  He saunters in the direction of Ninja as I countinue to yell, at him now to move faster.  The sheepdog was taking no chances and slipped his collar and ran to his house just as the DH catches Ninja, who now escapes and charges the sd again.  Finally, she is recaptured and the only way to get her out of that yard is to carry her.  So here comes the DH with a 60 pound basset over his shoulder.  Like carrying a bag of wet cement.  Finally he puts her down and son picks her up.  This is the son who avoids dog hair like the plague.  BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A very unrepentant Ninja is brought home and heaved in the front door.  I commented that son #2 could have moved a little faster and he mumbled something about it being fine.  Our neighbors think we are very entertgaining at times with all of our comings and goings.  The hair fearing son says that the really funny thing about all of this was listening to two old people yell Ninja at the top of their lungs outside.  I'm sure it did sound funny.  I can always depend on him to make his parents feel good about being parents.  Not.

After her little trip outside, Ninja was very tired and spent the afternoon and evening lounging on the back of the couch.  For a six year old with such short legs, she can run like the wind.  When she gets loose she flies down the sidewalk.  I'm just very glad we got her before she got very far.

Snooters and drool to all in need from Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby the foster and the mom