[Dailydrool] Sleeping with dogs

Heather Lessely heather.lessely at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 07:27:45 PDT 2009

I've tried to post this a couple of times and it keeps coming back.... this is the last attempt...... the following story is true....

Sunday night report from the OEBE Chicagoland Regional Headquarters:

Last night, I was home alone (Sean is traveling) and with the time change, and not feeling good, I couldn't get the dogs corralled to bed. Mishu went out, came in, wobbled, wandered, asked for her valium (I think she's an addict now, I shove those things down her throat and she still comes back..), went to sleep on the rug a the foot of my bed. I asked the other dogs if they wanted to go out. No answer... so off to my room to change into jammies.

First, Probert came in. He hadn't been out all day because it was raining. So now, its 11:30pm and he has to go out. He goes out, comes in covered in mud. I try to get him to stop so I can wipe him off, but now Bailey has to go out and if I go after Probert, the door will squish Bailey's head. So, I go after Probie after Bailey goes out and he is alreay in the bed, under the covers, with black mud everywhere.

Well, its too late to do anything about that, so I go to get Bailey. She does the same thing, but I don't even try to stop her except to pull the blankets back so they don't get muddy too. So, I climb between them to get  in bed (where the cats are already curled by my feet). Probert gets all snuggly down by my knees, I turn off the light and BAM!!! Wendell puches me in the nose. Yep, he loves to jump up on the bed when he's got some urgent requirement and smack me with those giant clawed feet. Usually he hits my arm though. I extricate myself from between 120 lbs of dog and 30 lbs of cat and let Wendell out. Mishu goes back out with him. I smell skunk.....

Run to get shoes, flashlight, pants, etc. Go outside, down two steps, step in one pile of poop, fall, catch myself on my left hand (on the side that hurts so bad) straighten up, and shine the light - both dogs are sitting about 4 feet away, looking at me like I'm insane..... like they'd NEVER go after a skunk!

Back in the house. Wendell can't get in the bed, he's too fat. He's covered with mud. I think "what the hell?" and hoist his hiney in too. Then I climb over Probert, push Wendell's butt over so I can have part of the pillow, and pull Bailey's back up against my tummy so that she stops kicking me..... Probert puts his head on my thigh. Comfy, cozy....

Then Sparkey starts to try to open the night stand drawer where he knows there are bright orange ear plugs to eat and knocks the lamp right on Wendell's head and Wendell tries to eat Sparkey and Probert stands up under the covers and knocks Bilbo over the foot board and it gets everyone all riled again. It takes another 10 minutes for everyone to start snoring (Including, I'm assuming, me)........ perfect peace, except I dreamt all night that I couldn't sleep!

Reporting from the OEBE Chicagoland Regional Headquarters
Heather
Pw Wendell W. Bottom, OEBE Viceroy, Bailey Mackenzie OEBE Evil Enchantress, Probert BABES Pugilist, Mishu, the Senior ChowX permanent house guest, and Bilbo and Sparkey the cats