[Dailydrool] Bless me droolers for I have sinned.....

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 10:19:17 PDT 2009

Ok....so last night I committed the cardnial sin of crate training my buppie Sophie.

It's been pretty stressful at home lately and to top it off, I'm fighting a cold or something.  So after a terrible day and evening, I reside to playing on the floor with Schroeder, Sophie and Cassie until bedtime.  Everyone goes to bed quietly and I cannot fall asleep.  I go downstairs and get Sophie out of her crate.  It was warm and we sat outside for a few moments enjoying the still of the night.  The moon was full and the moonlight was shining on all her beautiful basset features.  We go inside, snuggle on the floor, play tug a little, and I give lots of belly rubs.  I finally think I should go back and try to fall asleep.

As soon as I go up the stairs, the howling starts.  Crap.  I clap and shout NO Sophie a few times.  Test the waters.  More howling.  Crap.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep after that.  So I go back downstairs and she is thrilled.  Love and kisses abound.  I put her out to pee again and then attempt to put her back in her crate.  No way Jose`.  Oh god, here we go again.

So what do I do?  I scoop her up and to the couch we go.  Now I know I should not do that, but I couldn't resist.  I lay there telling myself this is wrong, and I'm going to pay dearly for this, but oh what the hell.  Sophie and mummy bonding time, right?!

We cuddled on the couch until she feel deep asleep and I was finally relaxed enough to go back to bed.  Those were probably the most peaceful moments I have had in weeks.  I slept like a baby after that, and never heard a peep out of her until my alarm went off.

Anyway, I just needed to share my guilty confession with people who I know can truly relate..

Thanks for listening and we are sending lots of drool for all those in need right now.

Annette, Maya, Cassie, Schroeder & Sophie