[Dailydrool] Moving with 3 dogs

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 09:09:02 PDT 2009

Well the time has finally arrived for our long move from Connecticut to North Carolina.  Cysco (13 1/2 yr old Golden) passed the 5 hour test drive with flying colors.  Gallagher (9 mos. Basset) loves the car and sleeps through everything.  Our concern is "Queen" MacKenzie.  She is not happy unless she's in the driver's seat.  She cries, moans and will even let out a good aroooo for the first couple of hours.  Our plans are to have the boys ride with Dadperson in the BUV (Element).  The Queen will ride with me, with her special fleece harness in the passenger seat of the Lexus.  We're planning our stops - so that they get some exercise, food and water.  But we'll be spending 10 to 11 hours in the cars.  Separating them makes putting on leashes and walking easier (and safer).
Any suggestions on what do do with MacKenzie to make her a better traveler.

Julie