[Dailydrool] Euthanasia ...

Marilyn Bickell mbickellhounds at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 11:25:05 PDT 2009

I just finished reading the article, Euthanasia Should Come With Sympathy,
Not A Bill, in Aprils Bugler.
When I had to let Miko go on December 4, 2007, I never received a bill for
the euthanasia, but I did receive heartwarming hugs and tears from my vet
and from every employee in her office. From them, I also received cards,
phone calls, and I was given an impression of Miko's paw in clay. I still
have the card on my nightstand, alongside a picture of Miko, and her paw
print.

And now, when I go into my vet's office, someone always asks me how I'm
doing, which of course makes us start crying all over again.

I have no idea how much money my vet lost from not billing me; I never
really thought about it until I read the article in the Bugler. But she
obviously cared more about me and my incredible grief and loss than she did
about the bill.

A big thank goes out to the vets who care more about their clients than they
do about their wallets!

Marilyn, Miko (Chasing lizards in Heaven), Bess, RoseyMae, and (FC) Beaver
Cleavear,
Fort Bragg, CA