[Dailydrool] ALLERGIES ( sorry so long )

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Tue Mar 17 05:55:19 PDT 2009

Well, I must consider myself an expert by now as I have had two  Basset with
sever alleriges. after having my first Basset  develop liver  disease from the
over use of predisone for years,  Lucy was actually 9  years old before I
decided to test her for allergies,  she was allergic to  just about every thing
along with several food allergies.  we started her  out on desensitizing shots
only to have her get much worse ! which by the way is  NORMAL,,  you have to
realize that you are injecting them with the very  things that they are
allergic to, so it is only natural that they are going to  have a reaction , after
several months of trial and error, we finally realized  that we were starting
her injections during the ( peak allergy )  season  and that we were over
LATE FALL and EARLY WINTER.  it  takes time and patients . but DONT give up.
the shots work !!!!!  I  now have my Maggie Wags on the desensitizing shots
and she is now on her  maintenance  injections, it has taken us almost a year to
get to this  point. but we have also discovered that instead of a full dose
once a  month, we have divided  the dosage into half dose twice a month, every
two  weeks she receives  an injection.  The shots WORK !    It has been very
difficult finding  dog food that she can tolerate, of all  the brands out
there, I have only found  4 that she can eat,  there  are loads of excellent food
out there, but most have barley, oats , alfalfa or  wheat in them. all things
she is allergic to.  I am a firm believer in the  desensitizing shots, I have
excellent results with them. It is by no means a  CURE,  she still has
allergic reactions to grass on her feet and I have to  wash her feet every time she
comes in from outside .

Marlene    mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219850974x1201371016/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)