[Dailydrool] No room on the sofa

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Tue Mar 17 09:07:50 PDT 2009

When my older daughter left home a few months ago, the dogs quickly caught on to the fact that there was now space for them both on the sofa.
So, whenever the younger daughter and I sit down to watch TV, they happily snuggle up with us. However, all was not happy when older daughter came home for a visit. No hound space!

Clara, who is tiny, managed to wriggle her way into a tiny space between my lap and the arm of the sofa, but Rolph was no way going to fit.
He stood there glaring at us. Then stomped off, got hold of the nearest dog bed and with much hurumphing, muttering and moaning, dragged the bed infront of the TV. He then flumped onto it and continued to hurumph, moan and mutter while he made it to his liking, finally turning to us as if to say "Well, if you're all going to sit there staring over here, at least you now have something worth looking at".

We're sending special comforting drool to Cookie. So very sorry.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK