[Dailydrool] An evening at home

Alan Folsom alan at folsoms.net
Tue Mar 17 18:24:52 PDT 2009

It's nine o'clock, and DadPerson (me) is comfortably ensconced in his
recliner, his broken ankle elevated, his bourbon and water at hand.

Boy (the name Ginger has for either of my 19 yo twin sons), comes in
holding up some scrids and saying "look what the dogs did."  Said scrids
are the wrappers from three extra large, dark chocolate bars.

DadPerson goes crazy, screaming for them to get the H2O2, and do what
needs to be done.  Boy and MomPerson take both dogs into the bathroom,
and proceed to dose Alfie the WonderBeagle until they run out of the
magic ingredient.   MomPerson races out of the house to get more, Boy
lets Alfie the WonderBeagle out of the bathroom, and he (the beagle, not
Boy) proceeds to go into Boy's room  and upchuck all over the place.

Meanwhile DadPerson is kneeling next to his walker, holding Ginger the
Basset, who seems to think what we did to Alfie was hilarious, she's
glad we let her watch, and why won't I let her go eat the results?

MomPerson comes home with the secret elixer, and Boy takes Ginger
outside for her adventure.  (Wow, outside!  who might have thought of
that?) Where she proceeds to unload copiously.  Not so copiously,
however, that when she comes in, she can't go into Boy's room and add to
the decoration.

20 minutes after the start, Ginger and Alfie are looking suspiciously
at Boy who is getting the carpet shampoer, DadPerson is back in his
recliner, and MomPerson is after her own dose of bourbon.