[Dailydrool] Basset Costumes

Kathy Wilson kmwlaw at cox.net
Thu Mar 19 15:42:00 PDT 2009

Wow, now there's a topic....here in Santa Barbara, we USED to have a great
big dog parade sponsored by the Big Dog clothing company.  This year, for
the first time in 15 years, it's been canceled, supposedly due to the
economy (how much can a dog parade cost????) Anyway, as a result, I have
many years of dog costumes to share, some award winners, others not.  My
pups have been everything from "I dream of Jeannie" and her astronaut, to
snack food: twinkies and dingdongs (see this year's calendar on May 17th for
a picture Twinkletoes looking none too happy in her Twinkie costume! A prize
winner!)  I've also done Mousekeeters, clowns, hookers, ballerinas, Michael
Phelps (speedo and medals), and Rocky and Bullwinkle (apparently I have a
thing for old TV shows....).  The costumes have always been homemade from
party and craft store junk, as they are more fun and it's hard to find
appropriately sized basset clothing for some of the more bizarre ones.  Good
luck and enjoy yourself!