[Dailydrool] Rupert & Hangy things

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:36:36 PDT 2009

Rupert has an obsession with "hangy things". Whether a necklace, bathrobe
tie, string on sweatshirt - he thinks its there for his pleasure. He jumps
up and tries to grab these things. He has broken several necklaces and last
week I was wearing a "flow-y" shirt and bent over him to pet and he jumped
up, grabbed my shirt and ripped it. I dont think he's trying to be agressive
or destructive but its getting rather annoying and I worry more about
visitors who come over and reach down to pet him with things hanging within
his reach.

Being that he was previously a stray, I have no clue where this habit comes
from. Perhaps he was taunted with food or had to jump to grab things
hanging, I honestly have no clue. But I've let the behavior go on for too
long and it seems to be increasing (or maybe just more of my stuff is
getting ruined) Either way, if anyone has some advice for curbing this
behavior, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! and drool to all,

Kacy with Cowboy & Rupert
dailydrool calendar: 8/7/09