[Dailydrool] Holly and her Ears

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:57:26 PDT 2009

Margaret - I can't believe you stepped on sweet little Holly Berry's ear!

When Hannah Lee Dawg was new to our household, I had never seen such long ears before.  Now Sweet Pete's has even longer ears, but this story is about Hannah Lee Dawg.

We have 4 cages of birds (all rescued!) and the canaries are especially bad about dropping food around on the floor.  Needless to say, this makes under and around the cages a favorite hang out for the dogs.  I keep a small hand vac nearby to zoop up the seed and keep our house nice and clean and ant-free.  Well, baby Hannah was just too curious about why Mom was down on her knees at her level and not at all afraid of the vac til fwoop, fwoop, fwoop (that is the best way I can describe the noise) - into the sucker went most of one of Hannah's ears!  I was horrified and Hannah was very indignant, but thankfully not hurt.  She now stays far away from both the bird cages and the evil vacuum but that was one funny sound - buppy ear meets scary sucker machine from hell!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me