[Dailydrool] Miss Becky in Calgary

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 23 07:14:09 PDT 2009

Please send lots and lots of drool to Miss Becky who is 15 and almost four months. Saturday she refused to eat till supper and was just not right. As you know I live in a place with lots of stairs and as I think about it she did stumble on flat surface a couple of times SAT but was ok - just not right and when a basset won't eat as new vet said 'it's a concern'.
So she was ok Sat night and got out of my bed to go to her couch and I heard her moving at 3 a.m. she was on couch but when I got up at 8ish she was not on couch but on floor and wet cuz she had peed which she never does.
I got her moving and noticed her back leg was sticking out and paw under. She could walk and went upstairs to my bed dragging her leg.
Phoned son and we took her to vet hospital (emergency) and vet said her heart is seriously not good.  EKG showed her beats were far apart and erratic.She kept saying "I"m sorry'. so bad
So an xray also showed a mass on her right ventricle. News very bad . Sandy (with advice) and Richlyn both phoned which really helps cuz I told vet ' I know she's old but not ready to let her go yet but'. and a new heart pill which could get her better or kill her.I won't let her suffer so will know today what reg vet thinks.
 This a.m. she got up and drank her water went pee on balcony and is back sleeping.
Drool please cuz it works. And of course Alta's in a big snowstorm AGAIN.
GEorgie
and Miss Becky