[Dailydrool] A little drool please

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Tue Mar 24 04:10:06 PDT 2009

I have held off asking for this, but things are not going too well.
On Saturday morning I woke to a living room floor covered in runny poo and a miserable Clara. She refused to eat anything, threw up several times during the day, but still wanted to come out on walks and was following me round the house.
I tried to get her to take some Peptobismal and ended up with a pink-spotted basset. She did drink water, so I decided to just watch carefully.
Sunday morning same surprise waiting downstairs, but she seemed a little more cheerful and stopped vomiting. Gradually started to eat and by supper time ate her dinner fine.
Monday, the floor was covered again, but she  ate her breakfast. She was not happy then gradually relapsed during the day. Exploded both ends when left in the house for an hour and refused to eat anything last night.
This morning she woke me up by vomiting bile, but 30 minutes later was demanding breakfast and running up and down stairs.
I just got a call from my daughter who is home who says she has been vomiting again.
I have an appointment with the vet later, but these on-off symptoms are really confusing.
Any spare drool would be appreciated. She is always a slender girl, but this has left her decidedly frail.

Sally with Rolph (why is she getting all the attention?) and Clara ('scuse me, got to barf).