[Dailydrool] Clara still poorly

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Mar 25 02:26:09 PDT 2009

Last night, after our vet visit and some meds Clara perked right up. Not only did she want her dinner, she offered to help Rolph with his (he declined). And when we went for a nice walk along the cliffs she was back to her old self, tail high, nose down searching for cats and foxes running ahead of me and Rolph.
I was so relieved.

However, this morning she is poorly again. She'd had another accident in the sitting room and was hunched in obvious pain. She wanted and ate her breakfast, but without any real enthusiasm. She wanted a walk but didn't leave my side, even when two kitties appeared in her eyeline. Her tail was low and then she stopped and had bad squits. A little later, once we were almost home (and I kept the walk short because she was clearly not right), she just sat down on the pavement and turned those baleful eyes on me.

So, I've left her at home with my daughter (who goes back to London this afternoon - so doG knows what I'll do tomorrow) and am sitting here not concentrating on my work.

Please keep the drool coming, we're clearly not out of the woods yet.

Sally, with Rolph (I'm quite capable of eating my own food thanks) and Clara (why does my tummy keep hurting me?)