[Dailydrool] question and Drool for Babe please

Shannon Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 13:47:54 PDT 2009

Hello Drool family,

I need to ask a question, but I am afraid to. I'm afraid that someone will
holler at me. I'm sorry, I'm an emotional wreck due to a family situation.
The brain tumor messes with my emotions. Please forgive me.

If you respond, please e-mail me at bassethoundbutler at gmail.com

Babe is 5. Last night she whined when she was on the bed. a little later,
she whined again as she tried to get up and turned around. This afternoon
she came in, and was 'afraid' to get up on the mattress. (We took the frame
off, and we just have the bed and box springs on the floor.) She got up on
the mattress, and then whined some more as she tried to turn around again.

She walked out here to the living room just fine, she got up on the couch
and started whining again. I have checked her feet, they look okay. I have
felt all over on her right rear, as that seems to be the sore spot, and she
does not flinch to the touch. Arnie uses Rymadil for his arthritis, and I
gave her half of one of those for now.

We need a new mattress for the bed. The one we have now is very soft. Is it
possible that walking on the 'unfirm' surface of the bed could be causing
her this pain?

We have gotten over two feet of snow here this week, but that is nothing
unusual, neither is the cold that we have had. all our kids are kept inside.

Anyone have any ideas?

We have an awesome vet, and he is really good to us. If needed, when Cat
gets home, we'll take her in. It's just very expensive on the week-end, and
finances are tough for everyone right now.

Babe is a foster that we adopted, and she has always been in good health,
except for the emotional scars that she carries. She has PTSD very, very
bad. I love her, and so does my wife.  When we first got her, she spent the
1st two months of her life under our desk. She came out to eat, and go
outside. Eventually, she made our bed her "SAFE" zone. She slowly started
coming out to the living room, and laying on the couch. She now greets us
when we come home, and she is just the sweetest thing. I love her so much.

Drool from us to those in need.

The Casper Crew
Babe
Arnie