[Dailydrool] Drool's on the way

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:41:20 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,
First, Watson called me this evening from Colorado with an urgent
demand to send drool to all who need it. He requested that I send
special ice cream induced drool (thanks to his dadperson) to the
buppies in Arizona who are fighting hard to survive, and to Conley for
his giardia. Watson also says that he has plenty extra drool for
anyone else who needs some. We send heart-healing drool to those who
have lost a hound lately.

Second, despite the tales of Giardia (I've had it myself - not fun AT
ALL - wash those hands every 30 minutes!), Conley's arrival and the
pictures of all of the cute new rescue buppies have officially caused
me to come down with a serious case of buppy fever. I can't help
myself but to daydream about buppies and think of names for them...
Sadly, Watson and I will have to wait for a buppie for at least a
year...but it's still fun to dream. In order to feed my cravings, I
request more buppie pictures! I love them so much and wish I would
have taken more of Watson when he was that tiny. We always tell him
how little he used to be. Usually we get a big sigh/eye roll in
response from Watson who, I suspect, still thinks he's small enough to
fit entirely on my lap - even when I'm driving.

Third, the funniest thing happened the other day. We had a law school
ball to go to, which is pretty much like prom for law students except
there's an open bar, so Dadperson was cutting his toenails in
anticipation of this big night. Watson must have never witnessed this
before because he was quite concerned with the whole ritual. While DP
was cutting his toenails Watson was absolutely horrified at the sight
of the DP and the clippers. Every time DP would cut a toenail, Watson
would lick the toe as if he were trying to kiss it better! It was
hillarious. He didn't want DP to cut his toenails in the first place,
so he would put his nose in the way to stop the clippers from reaching
the toes. Then, afterwards, he would lick those toes until DP was so
grossed out he pulled his feet away!!! In between laughing fits, we
decided that Watson so despises when his own toenails are clipped that
he was probably just trying to protect his dadperson from the same
fate. I've never seen anything like that before!

Last, we send hellos to our drool friends. I've been so busy lately
that I'm neglecting my drool updates. Watson is doing lovely. I think
he's as ready as I am for school to be out so that I can go home, but
we only have about 6 weeks left so we're on the home stretch. Sadly,
this is the time of the school year where I have to go into 14 hour
days so that makes for a grumpy momma and a very sad, lonely hound.
Dadperson does all he can to make up with extra loves and treats, but
sometimes a houndie just needs momma cuddles....I can't wait to be
done so that I can go spend entire days cuddling Watson and kissing
his smushy face. We hope everyone is doing well. The drool is the
highlight of many of my days - thanks to all of you for your stories
and lessons. We treasure them :)

Katie and Watson (currently watching scary movies with dadperson while
momma's not there to protest)