[Dailydrool] Holly is a DOG!

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 06:37:13 PDT 2009

My 12 year old granddaughter and I took Hollyberry to her first obedience class last night. It was quite an expeience for all of us.  After much wiggling and sniffing and straining to get to the other puppies, Holly backed away and laid down. She was totally submissive and intimidated by them. After watching the interaction for a while it became apparent that Holly was trying to "play" with them like she does our cats....she would hunch down, bark, then quickly backup to "avoid the claws."  It came as a GREAT SHOCK to her that she is a dog too. So far her main socialization has been cats and grandkids and I intend to rectify that this week.  One of my friends inlaws have bassets and we are going to go for a play date or two.  This is the first time my husband and I have ever been without 2 dogs and it never crossed my mind that she needed dogs interaction also....guess this is another good reason to help convince my hubby that we should adopt
 another one...   The trip outside to the bathroom was funny this morning too. She is so tired out that i had to carry her outside as she just stood and looked at me....like "this is all your fault...what do you mean I should walk outside?" By the time I left for work she was her usually peppy self and we had even practiced what we learned last night.
Snooters,
Maggie Honnold and Hollyberry