[Dailydrool] 5 years and counting

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Tue Mar 31 12:16:04 PDT 2009

Hm, how do I make this Basset related?

A few years ago Jill the Bagel came to live with us as a foster and
became our first foster failure.  After an extended visit in
Cancerland I needed a new passion to get me going.  Although I was
cancer free at that point I still did not feel very well.  My
obligations to Jill forced me to get up in the morning, take her for a
walk, ride, hike (okay, that's a stretch), forced me to see life
through the eyes of a perpetual toddler, made me laugh even in my
sleep.  Today is my five year anniversary of being in full remission.
I still occasionally have a bad day, that is no energy, memory loss,
minor respiratory setbacks, etc.  (when compared to five years ago
they are truly minor) but LIFE IS GOOD!

Thanks for the Daily Drool for helping us along this journey. Thanks,
Jill, for making the journey even better!

Nadine Mysker