[Dailydrool] Mandy

dke ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Thu May 7 14:17:18 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I happen to know that Karen is needing a lot of drool for her sweet basset Mandy.  You may all remember sweet Mandy and her cancer last year.  Karen touched my heart because not only were they fighting for Mandy's life by having the chemo, but doing this during a time she was without a job.   Karen's fought to have as much time with Mandy as she could have with her.

Now, almost a year later, Mandy has cancer again.   I know Karen will appreciate special drools from all of us.  They are going to do an injection of chemo to see if they can find relieve from the tumor.  If not, the sweet baby does not have many weeks.  Too add to everyone, the vet has told Karen that Mandy is not in any pain and has promised to make sure she lets them know.

Mandy is special to Karen as she arrived not long after the loss of her beloved bassets.  One of the rescues found Mandy, knowing this was what Karen needed.   I know her pain, as do many of us who have lost our bassets to cancer and other diseases that bring us more pain than even our special loves.

Please send your special drool for Karen, her family and her sweet Mandy for these coming days and weeks.

Ella Louise sends her very special love and drools to Mandy and all the families who are going through a painful time with the loss and sickness of their houndies.

We send hugs to all

Diane and Ella Louise