[Dailydrool] Shelby

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 13:39:33 PDT 2009

A couple has applied to adopt Shelby and I don't know what to do.  I don't want to let her go and I don't want to be selfish.  She is such a special gentle girl.

I haven't met the couple but need to.  They live not far from us.  She makes a great companion in a quiet way.

I don't want to let her go.  My boys, even the one with the hair phobia of sorts want her to stay.

If she moves on we could foster another one.

I don't know what to do.  I should meet these folks but don't want to get their hopes up.  Then again, they might not be suitable and then I would know.

She has lots of litle quirks and limits.  She can only climb one step if it is short.  She hates having her nails clipped.  She loves sleeping in Nic's bed after being carried up the stairs.  She is seemingly mostly deaf.  Shelby doesn't walk much on a leash, she just sniffs and waddles.  She snores.  She has not been crated here at all but would be there when they are gone.  She has lots to see and do here.  Don't know about there.  Would she miss her "sisters"?  Would she miss us?  She has been here since the end of December.

The other thing that concerns me is they don't have a fence.  They live in the country but she could wander away or just never get to go out on her own.  Here she loves sitting in the grass and watching the birds, squirrels and rabbits.  She also likes watching the grass grow.  She usually just sits and minds her own business.  Marley was that way when she first got here.  She had llived in an apartment and wasn't used to being out on her own.  She loves it now.

I don't know what to do.  Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?  We love her dearly and only want what is best for her.

Julie with the girls