[Dailydrool] More on Mango

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Fri May 1 12:39:34 PDT 2009

Mango is doing well - no more diarrhea or blood in her stool. She did vomit again around 3 am a couple of nights ago. Her full dinner. So today we are starting a small dose of Reglan for her to increase the gastric motility and help move the food through. I've still got her on I/D and if this goes well I'll start transitioning back to regular food in the next day or so. Also still doing small meals more often for her. Her surgery is scheduled for 5/15 so we will finally get the lumps and bumps off! The vet wanted to wait for 3 weeks after the bleed but then he plans to get as many bumps off as he can. She'll be the Frankenpuppy for a while after that. She really needs to get that done - still pouring pus out of the one on her shoulder and wearing a belly band to cover the spot in her hip - she keeps licking it. I think it itches. I'm also starting Benadryl for both the mast cell stablization, and to maybe decrease the itching from her lumps so she is more comfortable.

Hopefully, in two weeks we'll be coming out on the other side of the worst of things. She'll still need the Lyme treated, but otherwise just in a management phase if all goes well!

We send drool (BOY, does Kirby have drool!) to Buford, Ernie's family, and the rest who need it. We seem to have stabilized for the moment ;-)

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl, Mango, in transit Bodhi
Ace, Maya, Sage, Kirby