[Dailydrool] Thanks for the drool

Amy Rapp arennerf at insight.rr.com
Sat May 2 15:17:04 PDT 2009

Hi Droolers.

Thank you Beth for the note about Ian and me.   I've been noticeably
absent from the drool for a while,  it was a very difficult pregnancy,
and I was on bedrest or sick the whole time.

I thought someone had posted something,  because I stopped in last night
to help with Ian's scheduled cares and find out his weight (he's finally
crested 3 pounds!)  and there was  a stack of web cards from droolers!

Y'all never cease to amaze me.  Unfortunately,  I've had to give up
fostering, for obvious reasons,  so if anyone in Ohio or surrounding
states has room to help,  contact OBR,  they're always in need of good
foster homes.

The thing about the NICU is that for every two steps forward, you take
one back.  Fortunately, Ian has had almost none of the complications of
prematurity that he could have gotten (no brain bleeds, lung disease,
intestinal infections etc)  he has been doing great.  I haven't updated
caringbridge yet, but yesterday Ian was taken of Nasal Cannula and put
back on the CPAP.  We are going to try to move him off the CPAP again on
Monday.

my poor Banjo,  we are gone 12 to 16 hours a day.  I was leaving the dog
door open until a neighbor (nasty sour woman, have run in with her
before) called the cops about Banjo's barking.  So now he's in the house
all day,  pooping in the basement (argh) I might have to pay someone to
come let them out a few times, or get him a kennel.

Thanks so much for the Drool,  y'all are just wonderful!!
--

Amy Rapp
www.hthdidigethere.blogspot.com