[Dailydrool] Cushings's & Low calorie treat ideas

Julie Burgoon jskrista at hotmail.com
Sat May 2 14:47:29 PDT 2009

To make this basset related Mattie my brother's lab loves to play with her cousin's the bassets~My brother has a black lab named Mattie and they had to take her to the vet to be tested for cushing's yesterday~Her kidney values have been running high so the vet put her on Science diet for kidney trouble when my sister -in-law dropped her off at the vet yesterday & they weighed her she has put on 8 lbs and is up to 90 lbs~My sister -in-law says that the diet they have her on is higher calories and she is worried because she has joint problems~
She said that she hates to give her treats & add to her calorie intake but they have 4 other dogs and treats are a must to get them to do what they are suppose to~I ask her if she would eat carrots & she said no so I told her I would ask you wonderful droolers if you have any suggestions as to low calorie treats that Lori could give Mattie~She said she would even be willing to make them if you have some recepies that you could send me to share with her~Also I know that there are several droolers out there with bassets that have kidney issues and I was wondering if you could suggest other foods to feed besides the Science diet~That way Lori can look at the ingredients difference & run it past her vet and perhaps find a different food to feed her~
Any suggestions would be so greatly apperciated~You can e-mail me off list if you would like at jskrista at hotmail.com Thanks & Hugs to everyone Julie

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me