[Dailydrool] Painted Coyotes

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:01:47 PDT 2009

THis was on the news yesterday.  Some lady had a coyote jump
a pretty big cement looking fance in her backyard.
Here in colorado they are using paint ball guns to shoot at the Coyotes
hoping it
hurts them enough to make them scared to come back.  They see if they are
not afraid of humans and if they show no concern they shoot em with a paint
ball.
So where do they go?  somewhere else right, they do not vanish.  Just sends
them to another neighbors area.  Well now we have a bunch of painted coyotes
running around Colorado.

As far as the coworkers who were trying to coax and pet the coyote I hope
they know they
are not like the coyote in the looney tunes!  Hello!  Might as well coax a
bear from a bee hive and said "come here pooh! where's your friend tigger!"
DUH!

I think we might have some that run near the river that runs down from
cripple creek.  I have heard them howling and yipping at night and thought
wow those are some weird dogs.  Now I know what they sound like....checked
it out on youtube.  I too would use whatever I needed to to protect my
Bassets, cats and myself!

I have saw foxes in our neighborhood and now that I think about it one had
to be a coyote much bigger then the foxes I am used to seeing.

--
Anitra
Momma To

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Basset Hound licking your face