[Dailydrool] Coyotes

gravemast at aol.com gravemast at aol.com
Wed May 6 11:51:01 PDT 2009

I have a biology degree and many of the large predatory animals are
being drawn out of their declining habitat due to lack of food or
encroachment on their habitat.  If you are in a woodsy area, coyotes or
bobcats are certainly a concern.  But, for your own safety and for the
safety of your 4-leggers, I would suggest packing some serious heat! If
you are comfortable with a handgun, get a carrying permit and keep a
9mm or .45 caliber handgun with you.  That will easily take care of a
coyote, provide that you are a decent aim.  For those that prefer a
shotgun type weapon that is a bit more forgiving in the aim
department.....get a Judge revolver from Taurus handguns....it takes
.410 shotgun shells or Colt .45 long bullets.  This will definitely get
rid of the coyote, but will likely scare the crap out your buppies as
well.  I will not hesitate to shoot a coyote or bobcat to save my
girls.  Sometimes a shot in the air might be sufficient.

Tom, slave to Calypso and Harley