[Dailydrool] Car seat hammock

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Wed May 6 09:58:49 PDT 2009

I was just came accross a "car seat hammock" on Houndsbay, in the "other
basset items" section. These are absolutelly WONDERFUL!

I got one a few weeks after I got Joey, back in 2007, and I absolutely love
it! Poor Joey got flung against my seat 2x in the span of one short trip to
PetSmart, the day after I adopted him (stupid big city drivers!!) and I was
so worried he'd do that, and fall down between the front & back seats again,
and seriously hurt himself, so I went about trying to find something to
solve the problem, and a collegue pointed me in the direction of a car
hammock for dogs. I've used this on a number of trips w/Joey & Checkers (my
parent's bagel; together they weigh probably about 120 lbs.) and it's always
worked out well. It's also been super benefficial for doing transports, and
allows a larger crate to fit onto the seat safely. Plus, most of them are
water proofed, so if the houndy gets car sick, it's easy cleanup.

And, I'm NOT the one selling this, nor do I know who is, I just saw it, saw
it had no bids (the current price is a steel, by the way!!) and thought I'd
share my experiences with it. I've heard one of the rescues sells some as
well (was it one of the Florida ones?) so, you might want to look into that
as well. Make your houndie safer & support rescue, doesn't get much better
than that!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey (I lub my hammock, I sleepy innit alla da way to
Mishgun!), Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473