[Dailydrool] new puppy questions

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:06:50 PDT 2009

Our first basset, Aeryn (ATB), drooled a moderate amount.  Not a lot, but
more than your average Labrador for example.  Our three-year old Elphaba
doesn't drool at all, yet at least.  Copper, our 11+ year old, on the other
hand drools like I have never seen.  He has chronic ear infections so he's
always shaking his head violently.  Every surface in our house, including
the walls (you would be amazed how high up the wall he can fling drool!) get
covered in it.  We are constantly scrubbing, cleaning, and re-painting, and
more than that we've simply accepted that copious amounts of drool are a way
of life and visitors beware.

I don't know if age has something to do with it or not.  Both of my Sr's,
Aeryn and Copper were droolers, and the younger basset Elphaba, so far no
drool.  However, I rescued both Aeryn and Copper after they were already
Sr's so for all I know they had been drooling all their lives.

Someone who's more familiar with the buppies to Sr's process may have more
insight into this.

Brenda- momslave to Copper (I is a lean, mean, droolin machine) and Elphaba
(no drool here thank you, I is a proper PIT)