[Dailydrool] drooling bassets

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:03:20 PDT 2009

Some Bassets drool and some are"dry mouthed' and don't drool. Puppies almost
never drool unless they are starving and you are holding a pot roast two
inches from their little shark teeth. They may begin to drool when they are
older, however.

Mitchell dooled copiously and always. Even his breeder was surprised. Zelda
drooled barely at all.

I believe it has more to do with the structure of the jaw and mouth than
anything. I certainly would not ripout carpets just because i brought a
Basset home.

I would at least wait until I had an idea how drooly the dog was going to be
as an adult. Most of the drool ends up on the walls anyway.

MomPerson to Nigel,Llewis Cooper and Conley