[Dailydrool] I don't know what to do...

Kate bassetlover99 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 06:22:43 PDT 2009

Ever since Boomer came to live with me in October, he's been a little gimpy.
The final straw came when he fell over while squatting to poo. I took him to
the vet where he was diagnosed with mild hip dysplasia -- at just 6-7 months
of age.

This morning he was slow to leave his crate to go outside, and when he
finally came out, he was staggering a bit and his rear left paw turned under
when he walked. He's had issues with his front paws doing that, too. Mom
said he was really unsteady all day yesterday when he and Baxter were
playing. It breaks my heart to watch him and think he might be in pain.

I'm calling the vet later, but in the meantime I'm open to any suggestions
of what might be going on with him and what I can do to help him be more
comfortable.

--
Peace and drool,
Kate