[Dailydrool] Miss Annabelle Lee

Arlene Johnson greatprints at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 10:05:21 PDT 2009

Yesterday was Annie's 2nd birthday!  I can't believe it has been 2 years gone by.  She celebrated the occasion by getting out through the gate with my daughters two dogs.  My neighbor called and told me they were out.  I jumped in the car and he pointed to the property across the road.  They have a pond and Annie decided to take a dip. She didn't stay long as the others went on their way.  I drove out of the property and headed them off a couple of streets over.  Annie did come to me and I put her in the car, the others however kept going. I drove after them.  Lucy, a 9 year old pyranees mix slowed way down as she has hip displasia.  The neighbor brought her home after I put Annie in the house. Buddy, a beagle mix finally came home when he saw he was alone.  My carpets are still muddy.  We just got through with a 22 day of rain.  It was an 85 year record.  Last night Lucy could not stand up.  We tried to fashion a lift for her with a sheet
 under her belly, but she was just crying with pain.  We gave her two ibuprofen and some milk, and she layed there until two this morning when she wanted to go out to pee.  This morning she is better.  Annie slept very well through the night next to me.

Arlene Johnson