[Dailydrool] We're moving!

Jaclyn Whitehorn jwhitehorn at gmail.com
Fri May 22 19:36:21 PDT 2009

I've been quiet for a while. I try to keep upon my reading, but life's been
a little crazy. It's going to stay a little crazy for a couple more months
because we're heading up north! I've been accepted into the Ph.D. program in
gifted and talented education at the University of Connecticut, so me, the
boyfriend, and the zoo are packing up to go. Abbie and Josh weren't too
thrilled with the inch of snow Alabama got this year, so something tells me
this will be an adjustment for all of us. ;)
We're going up next week to buy a house, so I don't know yet which town
we'll be in. I would love it if Droolers in and around Storrs would drop me
a line. With six pets, I will need vet recommendation pretty quickly!  I'm
also excited to hopefully be able to increase my volunteer time since I'm
dropping down from two jobs and school to just school and an assistantship.
(Unfortunately, donations will decrease, since of course my salary is
plummeting, too! And no fostering, the future little house is full before we
even buy it.) Looks like we won't be far from Woofstock, either.

Another request -- anyone who has used pet ground transportation services,
could you let me know how it went? We're strongly leaning towards driving
the rental truck with stuff and paying someone else to handle the kids. We
don't even have a vehicle big enough to comfortably hold everyone for a 1200
mile move, and dealing with Abbie's carsickness, my 13 yr old cat's anxiety,
litter boxes, and an overnight stay ... well, thinking about that makes me
want to check into a hospital with exhaustion! So I've been investigating
the van-based services and would love to hear any experiences you have had.

I'll try to post more often now. Something tells me this whole move could
have comedic potential!

Jaclyn, mom to:
Abbie the basset, Josh the something-something wannabe mix
and the cats Pepper, Morris, Zack, and Pandora
in Alabama for now!