[Dailydrool] Amanda Lynn - or should I call her Rocky?

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Tue May 26 13:32:41 PDT 2009

Well, we just arrived back from the vet -- with less than stellar news.

Amanda Lynn's x-rays showed that her bladder is completely filled with
stones.  It is so full - I honestly don't know where there is any room for
urine!

They are sending the stones, which she passed the other day, off to the lab
to be analyzed to determine the next course of action.  If the stones are
struvite - we will try to dissolve them through diet.  If they are oxalate -
then surgery is pretty much our only option.

Of course, if she starts to exhibit any problems urinating - or if the
stones do not readily dissolve through diet - surgery may be her only
recourse.

She remains on antibiotics and we should get the results of the test back in
a few days.  Her UTI has responded nicely to the antibiotics and she appears
pretty normal - whatever that is...

However, I would ask for any quantity of drool you can spare for her - and
her worried Mommy.

Marilyn - loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns