[Dailydrool] two older hounds in Iowa city IA

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Wed May 27 06:56:50 PDT 2009

We have two special cases that we would like to share with the drool
family. If you would like to adopt one of these guys, we would be most
grateful and of course the dogs would be most grateful. We are in mill
country and our little rescue takes in 200 a year - a lot for three
people and a couple of foster homes. These two just need a special place
to live. Mike is an older hound and loves laying the sun. He likes to
eat alone and would need to be separated at dinner time... otherwise he
is the typical lay around and soak up the sun basset. Bodhi has had a
lot of medical issues from YEARS of neglect... no vet care, no altering,
heartworm positive.. but with the help from some friends, he is on his
way to recovery... but he cant navigate steps and can handle a couple..
doesn't like to use the ramp.. and will need a home where he can receive
love.... And general medical care. So if you have a place in your heart
for either one of these dogs. Let me know. Helena at proplanner.com.....
Right  now both are with Jeanne who loves them to death.. .but she cant
foster any more dogs until one of them is adopted... (Mike was adopted
then the family' daughter developed allergies,,,, and he is
heartbroken)... so with only a couple of foster homes, this really hurts
our ability to save other bassets.

Thanks for thinking about these two.

Helena Poist

Proplanner