[Dailydrool] Skipper looking for The Bridge!

Monique N. Merola merolas at cox.net
Thu May 28 10:45:01 PDT 2009

Hi Fellow Droolers!

Well, in January 2003 AZ Basset Hound Rescue took in a Basset mix who could hardly walk, which is how he got the name Skipper........my husband and I foster failed within 7 months (3rd time foster failures), adopting him on July 10, 2003.  Skipper is the absolute sweetest boy we have ever known!  He was rescued with  Valley Fever, Tick Fever and a cancerous lesion on his lip.  I thought we'd be lucky to have him for a year!  Being a nurse, I looked up everything I could on everything and he's been such a good boy, on soooo many supplements and he loves my home cookin' but recently his back (where the Valley Fever hit the worst) isn't doing so good and he is having a hard time walking, getting up/down, so I know he is looking for that Rainbow.......meanwhile we are sniveling a lot and enjoying every second we can with him........he's getting steak and sirloin burgers and well, anything he wants........could you all sling some serious drool over here for Skipper and our hearts?  This anticipatory grief is horrible, but I don't want to send him to the Bridge until I know he's ready and I'm not getting those signs yet..........drool and hugs for strength and courage and the wisdom to know when the right time is would be helpful too.........I HATE THIS part of being a Mommy!!!

Luv,
Monique N. Merola
Wife to Timothy, Mommy to AJ, Skipper, Jennie, Joey, Sophie Jo, Mia & every foster with AZ Basset Hound Rescue!!  AND to Baylie, Maurice, Barnie, Vinnie, Mugzie & Brandie (ATB) Never forgotten!!!!
STOP PUPPY MILLS!!!!!
www.azbassetrescue.com
DID YOU KNOW:   There are 45 cats and dogs for every person born in the US. Only 1 out of 10 dogs born ever get a home!!  Only 1 out of 12 cats born ever find a home. 800 dogs & cats are euthanized every single HOUR in the US because there are not enough homes for them all!!  Last year (2007) in Maricopa County alone, Animal Care & Control euthanized more than 30,000 animals!!! PLEASE adopt from a shelter or animal rescue organization. Don't buy from a pet store or back yard breeder, from the newspaper OR internet!!  PLEASE, please, please spay and neuter all of your animals and teach everyone you know to do the same!!!  Pet over population is the reason for all the needless deaths of these poor dogs and cats in the US!!