[Dailydrool] thyroid problems

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Fri May 29 12:43:45 PDT 2009

The bassets weren't too happy to see the aged golden get in the car without them this morning.  He had to have another infected growth removed.  He came out of surgery just fine - very scary for a near 14 year old.  Our new vet asked if we'd ever had his thyroid tested.  She thinks his skin issues, constant panting, aching joints and deafness may be caused by a thyroid issue.  (Might explain his 112 lbs too - though he topped 130 at one time in his life).  I know he's not a basset, but he thinks he is.  We're waiting for test results.   Anyone go through this with one of their dogs??