[Dailydrool] Pw. Gabrielle Lynette

bassetlady at sbcglobal.net bassetlady at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 30 15:20:48 PDT 2009

It's with a heavy heavy heart that I have to say that my beloved Pw.
Gabrielle Lynette has gone on to the Bridge.  After last year's Waddle, I
took Gabby to the vet's for a "simple bladder infection".  Little did I know
that the vet would tell me that it was bladder cancer and she would have
about 3 months to live.  Well as stubborn as my pwincess was, she proved him
wrong and lived another year.  Over the course of the last month, her
appetite went downhill and she was having a hard time supporting her bum.  I
was having to put her in diapers when she was in the house.  Finally, on Wed
, she started to drag herself as she was unable to hardly use her back legs.
 On Thurs., she had only eaten about 7 milk bones in two days and I knew the
time had come.   I took her to Dr. Mike's and she had lost 11 lbs since last
July.  Anyone that knew my precious angel knew that she didn't have 11 lbs
on her to lose.  I told Dr Mike that I felt I was being cruel to be kind to
Gabby and he assured me that I was being kind.  He agreed that the time had
come.  Her tumour was huge and probably pressing against her spine causing
the inability to walk.  As she closed her eyes, she saw me and heard me
telling her how much I loved her.
     This is the first Waddle I've missed in over 10 yrs and the thought of
going there without my girl was unbearable.  Her wagon shall remain empty as
a tribute to her...next year I will be there and so will her wagon and her
wagon will be in the parade empty in memory of her.
      I'm closing now, as my tears are making this hard to type.
  Jane- Mom to the best Pwincess in the world- Pwincess Gabrielle Lynette and Foodslave to Sebastian-where's my sister and why is Mom crying;  Ninja- at least my food will be safe;  Judy- I'm the only girl here now!!!; and wannabe Brutus-  what's the big deal?  everyone knows dachshunds rule!!