[Dailydrool] Opie's First Point

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sat May 30 17:23:53 PDT 2009

Today was a day for the books - I showed Opie and Ouija at their first
indoor show.  I didn't expect either one to do very well because most dogs
are a little intimidated by their first indoor show - new noises - LOTS of
dogs in a confined area - overhead fans etc.  Well, Opie GOT HIS FIRST
POINT!   I was very proud of him - he performed well and actually seemed to
relax as we *went through the paces*.  It was a relatively small entry, so I
actually had to take him into the ring three times, so he got so serious
gaiting practice.  I also showed Ouija - her competition was somewhat
stiffer - but she did better than I expected also.  All in all, I got some
good exercise and it was a good day.

Marlene also came and watched us show - I was pretty busy, so we didn't get
to chat much, but that is how dog shows are.

Tomorrow it is Norm's turn.  If he wins, he will be a Champion!

Sandi Wittenberg & The Red Bay Gang

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny, Norm & Opie

sandi at redbaybassets.com