[Dailydrool] Ramps

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sun Nov 15 17:36:08 PST 2009

On this subject, I feel as if I'm well seasoned. Abner needs a ramp in order
to get into the car. I bought a plastic one that was fairly long, to give
him an angle that would be easy on his back. When I bought it online they
claimed that it was light.

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by light. Hauling it around makes
takes some fairly good muscles. The other problem is that the hook that
holds the three seconds together was hooked when I got it. Unfortunately, I
didn't notice it the first time I tried to unfold it and broke the hook. So
whenever I want to move it around, I have to be careful how I hold it. It is
a rather clunky item.

Once, when we did a transport, the person we met had a metal half ramp that
I'd love to be able to use. I don't think Abs, with his back trouble, would
find it easy, but a healthy dog would have no trouble getting into a van or
SUV, I think.

If someone came up with a truly lightweight and longer ramp, it could be a
real moneymaker.

When I take Abs to the vet, I count on being tired afterwards. Ever since
the heart arrhythmia kicked in, I have trouble carrying anything heavy. If
someone else has a better ramp to recommend, please let me know.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets