[Dailydrool] feeding

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:03:07 PST 2009

My guys eat three times a day and the total amount is one cup of kibble.
They get a lot of dog treats. If one looks as if he is gaining too much I
cut back slightly on his portion of food because I have no control over the
treats that DH hands out
There are a couple of advantages to this: one is that it allows you to
manipulate the amount but the dogs still get to eat.You can remove the
excess from the middle meal and feed them a full meal in the evening and
they are happy, because they ate.
Also studies have shown that small meals given throughout the day are less
apt to cause bloat.Since they don't really know what causes bloat, I will
take any hint I can,and use it.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper