[Dailydrool] thankfulness

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 26 07:28:40 PST 2009

To make this Basset related, I am thankful today that my Bassets will be able to give my 43 year old daughter, Monica, snooter kisses. I can't post this on my regular network as my son and his family are in Switzerland and I don't want spoil their vacation...so I come to my new Drool friends to express a private thanks.

Last night my daughter was in an auto accident on I-70. The air bag deployed and the windshield was shattered, and I don't know what else, as the car is still in Vandelia. She is shaken, bruised, burned and generally a mess...but she is alive.  Monday we buried one of her best friends. Dawn was killed in a 1 car auto accident...they were only 2 days apart in age and their 18 year old daughters are best friends.  Yesterday we buried the 45 year old son of some dear friends...he ate raw oysters and was dead before they could identify what was wrong.  I spent last Sunday morning holding his mother as she cried, this was her second time to bury a child. I am firmly convinced that the prayers of a praying parent (me) saved my daughters life as God awakened me around midnight to pray for her.  The accident was not too long afterward. Never ignor the promptings of the Holy Spirit....or a Basset who needs to go outside...after all doesn't it say God works in
 mysterious ways?

My Bassets have been a lovingly wonderful distraction in a year that has been full of emotional, physical and financial strain. I love reading about all of you and your great dogs. I am thankful for my Drool friends, even though I have never met most of you.  May God bless all of you in the year to come.

Holding HIS Hand,  maggie  mom to Hollyberry and Noah