[Dailydrool] OEBE and Stella

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Mon Nov 2 16:43:53 PST 2009

Ok Mary Ann,
When I read your question about Stella, I just sat at my desk and held in the laugh until I snorted and a coworker looked at me funny.  Sorry!  I have 6 bassets, at least 3 of whom occasionally tear up paper, and one fairly evil but oh-so-cute Pomahuahua.  While the bassets have their individual quirks, Samson the Pom tops them all!
Rocky loves stuffies, and NEVER kills them.  Most of the stuffies are his because he loves them so.
Channy loves to DE-BRAIN stuffies, literally pulls all the stuff out of their eye sockets.
Arthur loves to rip them limb from limb.
What does Samson do?  He first drags Rocky's stuffies into the yard, but not into the kennel so that Rocky can't play with them.  I don't know if he does it to taunt Rocky because Rocky beat him up pretty good once, but I do suspect that is the case.  Sammy doesn't kill the stuffies, he is only 8lbs after all, so must not have the strength, so instead he has found a small hole in Clover's favorite pillow and steadily tries to de-stuff that instead.  This pillow is about 3X3 feet, and he would love to drag all the stuffing all over the house.  We keep restuffing and recovering it.  Sammy does violate stuffies in other ways tho.  He mauls his squeeky rabbit, making it squeek until Clover is almost insane from the sound.  But the big violation is to Rocky's piggy.  And I do mean VIOLATION.  He drags it under the elevated foot of my recliner, and I start hearing noises.  Last night I asked DH what Sammy was doing, and his answer?  "The piggy"!  He and the piggy are almost the same size, so I guess its a good match? Dirty little dog has a pork fetish...
Also, no paperback is safe in my house, he brazenly sticks his nose in Clover's bowl while she is eating and she is surprisingly tolerant of it, he shreds any and all newspaper, he loves to bring in rocks and play with them, growling when we take them away, he bites 13 yr old arthritic Clover's ears and makes her trip over him. His favorite play partner is Arthur, who he uses as a trampoline.  If you think that Stella stealing a few things and strewing them in the yard is bad, be grateful thats all you get!  Have fun with Stella, and yes, take lots of pictures.  These years go way too fast!
Gaylene, and the six pack plus a new bonus, still missing Bubby ATB