[Dailydrool] Odds and ends

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:01:08 PST 2009

Happy birthday to both Synthia and Kirby!  And happy birthday to my heart
dog Henry, who turns four tomorrow.  Henry is the only one of my three whose
birthdate I know (even though he is a rescue).  I think he's on the delayed
big boy brain schedule.  Over the past year he seems to have received about
half of them.  Maybe the rest will come in another year.

Welcome Poppy and congratulations to Julie!  And I hope Janet's trip the
breeder results in her finding a new furbaby.

More drool for Bel.  I'm sorry the tests were inconclusive.   I would wait
until your vet talks to the pathologist and then figure out where to go from
there.  At 13 I wouldn't put Bel through aggressive treatment even if you
knew it was cancer.  I would work with your vet to make sure there is no
bacterial or other cause of infection and then do your best with him and
keep him happy and comfortable.

Ruthie, I'm so glad Ms. Beasley's surgery went well, and sorry you wound up
in the emergency room but I can imagine you were under a lot of stress.  The
bassets are sending you both drool and I'm sending warm thoughts.  Laura
(Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Rosebud, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))