[Dailydrool] Bel's surgery

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Nov 4 10:14:16 PST 2009

Yesterday I had a chat with the vet, who has decided, after getting an
opnion fromt eh pahtologist, to do a punch biopsy on Bel's foot. Thank you
so much to everyone who sent us advice on both his sock-wearing options and
how we should treat this,situation.

For the time being, I think we will have the biopsy done, so we know what we
are dealing with. We hope it will just be an infection or a benign
something. We will not do any heroic measures for him if it is cancer, but I
don't even want to think that far ahead.

I have not had time to write everyone back, since I have just ended one book
project and have to jump into another one with a tight deadline again. But I
cannot describe how thankful I am to each and every person who sent me
advice. It has been a huge help.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets