[Dailydrool] a dog's prayer

BRYAN MARTINEZ brymart at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 4 11:12:58 PST 2009

I just wanted to share this:

A Dog's Prayer -- Author Unknown
Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is
more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your
hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more
quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as
you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps
falls upon my waiting ear.
When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a
domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no
greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the
hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice
and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all
the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not
reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed
me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your
bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to
protect you with my life should your life be in danger.
And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of
my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me
gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of
eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I
drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.