[Dailydrool] Workin' on da drool

Roland, Duke of Ears handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 07:54:08 PST 2009

At our house, we've been writing, or what passes for writing, on the DD since 1998 when Noah Go Slowah came to our house.  That's when the Mom found out about the DD and Noah started the OEBE.  We've had a lot of fun and made a lot of Drool friends. Also, learned a lot of stuff from fellow droolers.
We had a brief basset-less period from April 2004 (Noah's passing) to August 2004 when I showed up as a foster.  Also we had my sister Bonnie (I was mis-named Clyde).  Bonnie found a good home in Salem.  Then we had foster Heidi Go Lightly, who was with us for about 2 years until she went to heaven.  She was one tough babe, even though she had cancer.  She could whup Elder Clara, I bet!

Stella Bella Low has been hanging around for over 4 years now.  She was adopted, then left in a shelter, then taken in by Cascadia Basset Hound Rescue.  Sadly, when the mom was looking for another girl dog, Diana from OBHR recognized Stella, whose name was then Maggie Mae, as one of the OBHR dogs.  So we took her.  We get along perfectly most of the time. Then there' s the other times.  I've taught her how to get along with little boys, and she learned that very well.

We also had long-time foster Bullet (a gurl) who was sick and abandoned by the side of the road. She moved near us, but then we took her to our home so she could get the vet care and all she needed.  She was very crabby and pretty old too, with heart trouble.

We had nice foster Barkley for a few days.  Why don't we get more nice ones, I say?
We don't foster a lot now because of old shar pei Deohgee, Noah's stunt double. He is blind and deaf.  He only eats, sleeps, poops, and sniffs outside.  He goes for bery short walks. I like him.

We love the DD!

Roland, Stella Bella, and old Deohgee, Noah's stunt double

Janice Henry Colvin